Cruciform in shape the church was built in 1819 financed by a loan from the first fruits board of £1500. The building was consecrated on Trinity Sunday 1819 and hence the name “Holy Trinity”. The Bishop’s sermon was based on the three heavenly witnesses, the same theme was used for the 100th anniversary in 1919. The church was restored in 1969 to mark it’s 150th anniversary under the guidance of the then rector Dean Cecil Champ.
The impressive carved reredos in the sanctuary is dedicated to the memory of Dean Champ, the three light stained glass east window contains a Hugenot Cross which was incorporated in the window during renovations dedicated to Albert Edmund Champ (father of the Dean). The transept windows are also striking, the Wade window lights the south transept dedicated to Elizabeth Wade who died in 1896 The North transept window remembers the North family and in particular Joseph who settled the family in Aughrim in 1750 and William who was warden when the church was built. The window was presented by Henry Ringling North in 1969 and it depicts the life of the old testament character Joseph.
1st Sunday Holy Communion
2nd, 3rd & 4th Sunday Morning prayer
(all services 11.30)
Parish Reader Robert Cooke