Dedicated to St Matthew and located in the towns land of Glan, it was built in 1818 at a cost of £900 which was a gift from the board of first fruits. The building has a spire of hewn stone, is surrounded by a graveyard is rectangular in shape and can accommodate 120 people In 1910 the church was part of a union with Kiltormer and by 1942 was part of the Aughrim union.
The stained glass east window was erected in 1908 from a bequest from James Barr a parishioner who died in 1907, it depicts a scene from scripture. The present day church is heated by a solid fuel pot bellied stove, which adds to the warmth of an active proud congregation. The roof was replaced and work done to the chimney in 2008 and there are plans and fundraising in progress to replace the side windows.
1st Sunday Holy Communion 12.30
3rd Sunday Morning Prayer 12.30
Parish Reader Norman Sinclair