Woodlawn parish church has it’s roots in the earlier parish of Kilconnel and also has close associations with the now closed church of Ballymacward, technically the parish is now a union of 5 ancient parishes, Kilconnel, Killaan, Foghena, Clonkeen, and Ballymacward, the union being formed in 1920
Woodlawn church was built in 1874 as a chapel of ease by the second Baron Ashtown and was to be vested in the RCB by his successor. The Church is surrounded by a well kept graveyard surrounded by trees. The original Rectory was also a gift from Lord Ashtown in exchange for a much less valuable piece of property in Kilconnell. The 3 light stained glass East window depicts the scriptures and are matched by windows on the West side which are Ashtown family memorials.
The influence of the Ashtown Trench families is evident in the war memorials in the church. Again their influence is evident inside and outside this beautiful little church, through tablet memorials within and noticeable headstones outside.
1st Sunday Monthly Morning Prayer 10.am
3rd Sunday MonthlyHoly Communion 10 am
Diocesan Readers Tom Seale & Valerie Kinsella